Are you looking for an opportunity to apply your knowledge of accounting and Canadian tax processes? Interested in growing your skills and career within an environment that fosters ongoing learning and development? if so, this may be the role for you.
Here is what you will do:
- Prepare files for corporate, individual and trust income tax returns in Taxprep (tax preparation software) according to KPMG’s established tax practices and methodologies
- Use standardized templates to prepare end of year financial statements in CaseWare (accounting software)
- Receive guidance and direction from more senior employees and ongoing mentorship to support personal and professional development
- Provide updates and communicate progress and issues to managers and other team members via email, phone and direct messaging in Microsoft Teams
- Participate in online training courses to support learning, professional development and career progression
In performing this role, you will:
- Have a degree or diploma in Commerce, Business, Finance, Accounting or a similar discipline, or have a related experience or knowledge
- Leverage your basic understanding of Canadian accounting and tax principles and procedures to prepare financial statements and tax return files
- Learn how to use applicable software such as Taxprep and CaseWare while applying your computer literacy in all activities
- Apply your time management skills to manage and complete multiple tasks within agreed timelines
- Be motivated to learn and develop your skills through support from workplace mentors, managers and available training material
Nice to have:
- Previous experience in accounting or a related field
- Experience with Taxprep, CaseWare or similar tax or accounting software
- CPA designation, or working towards one
Assurance and tax hours can be obtained through this position for those pursuing their CPA designation. Due to the nature of the role, audit hours cannot be provided.
*This is a remote work opportunity with the plan of an eventual transition to KPMG offices in Langley or Vancouver, BC.
|Staff Accountant||KPMG||Langley or Vancouver, BC||March 1, 2021||CLOSED|
The Recruitment Process
The first step in the recruitment process is for interested candidates to apply for the roles. This will involve completing an online questionnaire as well as submitting their resume to Specialisterne Canada. Instructions for applying are included below. Applicants will be shortlisted for participation in the next step based on a review of each online questionnaire and assessing the likelihood of fit for the roles for which we are recruiting.
Employment Discovery Workshop
The next step in the Specialisterne recruitment process is an Employment Discovery Workshop. It is a hands-on, task-based experience where you will work on specific projects in a relaxed setting. It is an opportunity to learn about our approach to hiring, and for us to get to know you – what motivates you, your interests and your skills.
Candidates whose profiles are well-suited for the roles for which we are recruiting will be invited to participate in a four-week skills evaluation and training program on the employer’s site. It will include case studies, real-life projects, as well as training relevant to the roles and working environment.
Employment offers are made to the candidates with the best fit. Once accepted, the individuals will transition into their positions at the organization. Specialisterne Canada will provide support where necessary, which may include modifications to the work environment.
Those not selected can have their profiles added to our database for consideration for other more suitable job opportunities in the future.
Please read this role description carefully.
For a complete description of the process and all our roles with KPMG, download this PDF.
Please Note: All applications must go through Specialisterne Canada. Our corporate partners do not handle applications directly.
If you completed a Specialisterne questionnaire in the past, please do so again, as this one has been customized for this recruitment program.
For More Information
Please direct any questions via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. If you prefer to speak on the phone, send us an email and we will schedule a call.
For more information about KPMG, go here.
We look forward to hearing from you!